WIREGRASS RANCH HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB
2020 Senior Scholarship Information
Deadline to apply is 2:00 pm Tuesday, May 19, 2020
The Wiregrass Ranch High School Athletic Booster Club will be providing six (6) $500.00 athletic scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic school year. The scholarship is intended to reward athletes for their participation in the Wiregrass Ranch High School Sports, their support of the WRHS Athletic Booster Club, and the community. This scholarship is given annually to student-athletes who will be continuing their education at a college, university, academy, or joining the Armed Services. These one-time $500.00 awards are not based on financial need.
Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their athletic success, dedication, sportsmanship, and leadership, as well as academic achievement and character. Applicant MUST submit the completed application and all the required attachments to the WRHS Booster Club mailbox at the school by Tuesday, May 19, 2020. Scholarships will be awarded to the selected seniors on May 30, 2020.
To be considered for a scholarship, student-athletes must meet the following criteria:
· Parent/Guardian must be a registered member of the WRHS Athletic Booster club for a minimum of 2 of the student’s 4 years at WRHS, as verified by the WRHS Athletic Boosters, and must have volunteered for a Booster activity for a minimum of 5 hours.
· Applicant must have been attending WRHS at least 2 years (not necessarily consecutive).
· Student must have participated in an Athletic Sport or Cheer Squad during their senior year and be verified by the Booster Club Selection Committee with either the Athletic Director or Head Coach.
· Cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0-Verified by the Booster Club Selection Committee with the Guidance Counselor for final grades as of May 15, 2020.
· Letters of Recommendation- one (1) from a coach, teacher or faculty member and one (1) from a community leader (Pastor, business owner, scout leader, etc.) for a total of 2(two) letters of recommendation.
· Applicant must have logged a minimum of fifty (50) hours of Volunteer/Community service hours during their high school career and must verify that they are recorded on your official school record prior to May 15, 2020.
· Length of scholarship essays should be typed (double spaced) and at least 300 words but not to exceed 400 words.
· The deadline to turn in the scholarship application and all accompanying forms is Friday, May 15, 2020.
This essay needs to be typed (double spaced) and at least 300 words, but not to exceed 400 words. This essay should answer the following 2-part question: What character traits have you developed through participating in athletics here at Wiregrass Ranch High School? How will you apply these character traits in your future endeavors?
Application Submission Instructions: Please use a large manila envelope for submitting your application, essay, and two letters of recommendation, sealed with your signature across the seal. You may mail your application paperwork to the address listed above or drop it off at the front office and label your envelope, “Athletic Booster Club Senior Scholarship” to be placed in the Athletic Boosters mailbox.
Failure to comply with the above steps or non-legible information will result in the application being disqualified.