Our Volunteers are very special to us. We would love to have you volunteer! Listed below are identified areas and descriptions of volunteer opportunities.
If you want to touch the past, touch a rock. If you want to touch the present, touch a flower. If you want to touch the future, touch a life. ~Author Unknown
If you are interested in volunteering at WRHS, please complete the Pasco County School District online volunteer application located at the district’s main webpage. If you would like more information, please contact Allison Taylor, Assistant Principal. Once WRHS receives notification that your online application has been processed and APPROVED, the school will contact you to arrange dates and times for you to volunteer.
- Mentor – Serve as mentor to one or more of our students who are off-track or at-risk and provide he or she with guidance, support, motivation, and goals.
- Great American Teach-In Participant – Present at the Event.
- Tutor – Provide academic assistance to our students in various content areas and work with our lower level students in reading and/or English proficiency.
- Campus Monitor – Assist with the maintaining of student safety and compliance of school rules and procedures campus-wide, and monitor the conduct and safety of the students during each lunch period.
- Classroom/Clerical Assistant – Organize student work, make copies, place barcodes on textbooks, assist students in the classroom who are struggling, assist in the Guided Study Lab by helping students with organizational skills and basic skills, grading/scoring papers; assist with filing, answering phones, provide help in the clinic, student services, and/or front office; volunteer in the media center to assist with inventory, organization of materials, stocking shelves, and checking in and out books.
- Drama Production Assistant – Build sets, create costumes, and assist with other show items.
- Music Department Assistant – Assist with band competitions, football games, and music productions and concerts.
- Athletic Department Assistant–Help with washing uniforms, serve in the concession stand, provide assistance to the teams that are in season with that team’s individual needs.
- Academic Fair and Vocational Judge – Serve as a judge during our academic fairs, HOSA events, Culinary Arts events, and FBLA competitions.
- Custodial Assistance – Assist with maintaining the cleanliness of the campus by picking up and removing trash, and cleaning areas throughout the school.
- Classroom Presenter – Serve as a presenter in various classrooms regarding topics that are subject-related, and/or relate to college, career, and life opportunities.
- Chaperone – Serve as a chaperone on field trips, at school dances, and at school sponsored events.
- Foreign Language Translator – Be available to assist the school when meeting with families, and/or students whose first language is not English.