College & Career Planning at Wiregrass Ranch High School
Mrs. Jennifer Batchelor
Career Specialist @ WRHS
Email Address: email@example.com
FACEBOOK: WRHS CollegeCareer
Mission & Role: Career Specialists plan and implement a comprehensive career development program designed to assist all students, parents and staff in Pasco County High Schools. College-Career Specialists provide individual and group advisement to assist students in the career and academic exploration and career decision-making process.
Transcript & Community Service Information/Requests
Scholarships & Resources (also, see Tables below)
- Junior Parent Workshop Flyer
- Senior Scholarship Applications Open!!
- Calling All Athletic Seniors- Scholarships Available 2019!
- Amount: Apply Now for one of six (6) $500.00 scholarships offered by the WRHS Athletic Boosters Club
- Applications: Available in Student Services and Online WRHS Boosters Scholarships 2019 School Year
Due: May 3, 2019: Applications are due to the WRHS Booster Club mailbox at the school by 5/3/2019 at 2:00pm.
Please drop off completed applications at the front office.
Requirement: For consideration 3.0 minimum GPA
- ACT SAT and School Related Events
- Florida Shines Florida College & Career Planning – ExternalWebsite
- 2019 PHSC Senior Blitz & Orientation – to register open link and please read carefully. Seniors interested in attending PHSC in the Fall. You can attend the Senior Blitz & count that as your required orientation. It is hosted at PHSC Porter Campus, 2727 Mansfield Blvd on Friday, 3/29/19, 10:00am – 2:00pm IMPORTANT – This is NOT a field trip! If you sign up to attend, you will be given an ‘SRA’ absence for the day. Parents are invited to attend with their student. YOU MUST HAVE COMPLETED YOUR ADMISSIONS APPLICATION TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THIS ORIENTATION! Dual-Enrollment students need to re-apply as full-time students in the WISE system! DEADLINE TO REGISTER for this event: Tuesday, 3/26. If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Batchelor at her email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College Spirit Week Flyer
- College Application Week
- For specific presentations offered during the school year, see table below
College Planning & Information
|Planning Guide||Grade Level College & Career Planning Tip Sheet||Tip Sheet|
|SAT||Planning & Test Registration||External Website|
|ACT||Planning & Test Registration||External Website|
|Community Service||Information & Guidelines||Internal Website|
|SUS (Profile Matrix)||Annually, the State University System (SUS) Admissions Officers put together a detailed information prospective for students, parents and high school advisors. The matrix profiles each school’s average GPA, test scores, application deadlines, honors program requirements and more.|
|Florida College System||Explore State & Community Colleges in Florida||External Website|
|Florida Shines||Florida’s Student Hub providing educational services and is a service of the Florida Virtual Campus||External Website|
|College Board – Big Future||Nationally based college & career planning tool offered by College Board||External Website|
|NCAA/NAIA||Collegiate Athletics Resources||External Website|
|State & Local||Florida Shines from Florida State||External Website|
|CareerSource from Pasco/Hernando||External Website|
|Federal/National Resources||Career Exploration from Bureau of Labor||External Website|
|Care One Stop from Department of Labor||External Website|
|College Board-Big Future||External Website|
|Military Resources||ASVAB||External Website|
|WRHS Scholarship Bulletin||Available Scholarships – Updated 3/31/ 2019||School Scholarship Bulletin (pdf)|
|OSFA||Florida Office of Student Financial Assistance||External Website|
|FAFSA||Federal Application for Financial Aid||External Website|
|Bright Futures||General Information||Download (pdf)|
|Financial Aid-At-A-Glance||Federal Resource||Download (pdf)|
|Year||Topic/Purpose||Links or Download Files|
|2018 -2019||Junior Parent Presentation||
2018 Junior Seminar (pdf)
|2018||Senior Parent Presentation||Senior Seminar (pdf)|
|2018||Financial Aid||Financial Aid Basics & FAFSA (pdf)|