Wiregrass Ranch High School Wrestling
PRE SEASON PHYSICALS. All athletes wishing to wrestle MUST complete the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) “Preparticipation Physical Evaluation” form or EL02 form PRIOR to attending ANY wrestling practices, “open mat” sessions and wrestling live.
CONSENT FORM. All athletes wishing to wrestle MUST have their parents or guardians completed the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) “Consent and Release from Liability” or EL03 form PRIOR to attending any wrestling practices, “open mat” sessions and wrestling live.
PARTICIPATION FORM. All athletes wishing to wrestle MUST complete a “Pasco County Athlete Participation” form. The athlete and their parent or guardian must complete and sign the participation form prior to the beginning of the season.
OPEN MATS and CONDITIONING. Starting October 16th, Conditioning training begins for the 2018-2019 season. Start Tuesday, the team will begin light workouts and wrestlers will have the opportunity to wrestle on “open Mats” on Thursdays. No wrestling coaching or instruction will be offered during this time.
FEES. Each athlete is required to pay the school a participation fee. The fee schedule is as follows:
- 1st Sport: $70.00
- 2nd Sport: $40.00
- Family (same school) $180.00
- Individual cap: $110.00
- Fees must be paid before the season begins.
SEASON BEGINS. November 12 and practice begins: Monday through Friday 2:15pm. to 4:45pm
WRESTLERS CODE OF CONDUCT. Each wrestler will be required to read and sign the wrestlers code of conduct (WCC). The Wrestler’s Code of Conduct highlights and outlines the conduct and expectations of the student athlete throughout the season, both on and off the mat to include on campus off campus, during all wrestling events at other schools and conduct while “off duty” or out of season.
Issued Uniforms. Prior to receiving their uniform, the student AND PARENT/GUARDIAN should inspect the uniform. They should document any damage noted on the uniform and submit it the UNIFORM ACCEPTANCE FORM within 24 hours of receiving the uniform. If the UNIFORM ACCEPTANCE FORM is NOT returned it shall be assumed the uniform does not have any discrepancies.
- Singlets. Each wrestler will sign for their school issued singlet. They will be responsible for the care and maintenance of their uniform. At the conclusion of the season, they will be required to clean the uniform and return it.
- Warmups. Each wrestler will sign for their school issued warmup. They will be responsible for the care and maintenance of their uniform. At the conclusion of the season, they will be required to clean the uniform and return it.
Cleaning instructions will be issued with each uniform.
Any athlete that fails to return the uniform item will be billed for that item plus the associated fees for the item replacement.
Required. All wrestlers are required to have the following items for every practice:
- wrestling shoes
- running shoes
- water bottle
- knee pad
- elbow pad
- wet wipes
- change of clothes (CLEAN – t-shirt, shorts, underwear, socks)
- gym bag (for all of the above items)
- spare pair of wrestling shoes
- spare head gear
PRACTICE DATES & TIMES
Monday through Friday 2:15 to 4:45 at the high school wrestling room
COMPETITION DATES & TIMES
WINTER CAMP (TO BE DETERMINED)
- 19-24 November (Thanksgiving Break – Thanksgiving day off) TBD
- 0700a to 700p TBD
- Wiregrass Ranch High School TBD